Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser (GBMA) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
GDPR (General data protection regulation) Updates
General data protection regulation is a legal framework that sets out the guidelines for the collection and processing of data information of individuals within the EU. The framework comes into action on the 25th May 2018.
Information that we collect
In general, we use the personal information that we collect from individuals to match their needs with relevant products and services, and process this information through our website, personal meetings, e-mail and post. This policy only applies to this website and not to any other websites to which there are links. We retain your information until you ask for its deletion, or we find it irrelevant for the purpose of this application. We collect information to provide better services to our clients. For example; many of our services require personal information, such as your name, email address or telephone number to store with your file. For more information about how you can access, manage or delete information associated with your file, contact us via email or telephone. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence. The provision of your name, address and date of birth, as well as other personal data are required from you to enable Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
How we use information that we collect
We collect your personal data through multiple channels to provide you with relevant information. We use the information we collect from our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to ensure you are getting the best from us. We do not share or sell any of the information with unrelated third parties and we will ask for your consent before using your information for any other purpose. Following is a list of how we collect your personal data:
- You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
- It may be that some of the personal information you give us, (for example, your age) is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Such sensitive information will only be disclosed with your express consent.
- It may be that you provide us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in making payment to a lender or provider. Any such confidential financial information will be disclosed only in accordance with the disclosure policy below.
- We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functions on our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use.
- Sometimes (and only in accordance with any preferences selected by you) we or other companies might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about goods, services or other offers that you might find interesting.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser sells or buys any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser is acquired by a third party all personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations.
How we protect your information
Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser takes appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser limits the access of personal data to those who have a genuine need to know it and will only do so in an authorised manner and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your call or enquiry further. When we collect information about you on the website, you will see a padlock symbol. The Information Commissioner and the National Consumer Council have devised this symbol to alert consumers that their personal information is being collected and processed. Where you see this symbol you should read the information carefully as it will explain exactly how, and for what purpose(s), your information will be processed. Consent by entering your details in the fields requested and pressing ‘Submit’, you are consenting to the processing of your information by us in accordance with this policy. Should we choose to change these terms for any reason, the changes will be posted here so that you are always kept informed about the collection and use of your personal information, and when we disclose it. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, use or disclosure of your information. If you would like to withdraw your consent at any time, the form can be found on our website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the website is not secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received the information we will use strict procedures and security to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your personal data
Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser will hold your personal data in line with our legal and regulatory obligations as set out by our regulator.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this policy is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes for your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance for the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How to contact us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, see the Contact Info below.
|Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser
126 High St
Geoff Baker Mortgage Adviser
126 High St